This Saturday I began the process of sanding and taping off the cabin. The sanding process took about 6 hours in the hot sun. I figure this isn't to bad given the amount of deck area covered. Not removing all of the deck hardware also created a significant amount of sanding that could not be done with the sander and therefore had to be accomplished by hand.
Sunday Morning I gathered all my materials and hit the road directly after lunch. I arrived at the boat around 1:30 and mixed my paint. Interlux brightside (Seattle Gray) was mixed-up with intergrip a non-skid additive. As I painted along it became apparent that I was going to run out of paint before I finished. I ended up having my wife to run out and get me a second quart. ;-) I wrapped up around 5:30 by getting two big slivers in my hand as I straddled the dock and the boat to finish the last square on the deck.
Monday afternoon I managed to get back down and pull the tape off. The finished product is a glossy light gray deck that is now safer, much less slick to work on while handling sails and will be easier to get clean.