Wednesday, July 7, 2010

An Atomic 4 Engine Upgrade.




This Friday I took sometime and did a handy little engine upgrade to my A-4. I installed a Indigo Electronics PVC valve kit. This kit is easy to install and has greatly improved the air quality in the cabin while we are underway. The Kit is just as described on Indigo's web site (www.atomic4.com/)easy and quick to install.


The directions were very clear the only snag I ran into was re-installing the carburetor. Once the spacer plate is in place I could not get the the carb. past the oil sending unit. Not really a big deal as it just took a second to remove the sensor and put the carburetor in place. Then put the oil sensor back.



The benefits of this system have been apparent. The engine seems to be running smoother and the air in the cabin is much better. In all the upgrade took about an hour and a half. It took me a bit of time to tune the idle and get it just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment