Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chaser 29 sailboat projects this season.




Since the beginning of the sailing season I have started a few projects on board the boat. One of them I mentioned in an earlier post. Completing the V-berth. When I purchased my Chaser 29 it slept 3. Two berths along side the cabin entry and a third in the bow of the boat.

At the beginning of the season this layout worked well for my family but over the last two month Myles has started to become more and more mobile. First it started with little scotches. Then he was spinning himself around in circles. It was decided that the quarter berths were no longer sufficient to hold him so I started to frame in V-berth. The photos below show the evolution of the V berth project. At this point I still need to get cushions and finish the wood work but I'm very happy with the directions things are headed.

Other little projects included mounting the anchor on the bow and doing a little re-bedding of various deck fittings nothing to big.






V Berth before + a little framing done but you get the idea.



V Berth forward of the baby stay. I have cut a little notch in the second piece of plywood and put a pull pin in place of the bolt holding the baby stay. This allows the baby stay to be easily removed if two adults were to be sleeping forward.




V Berth framed and plywood laid. Just need to paint it and get some cushions.




As you can see the little one has moved in already and the cushions aren't even made yet.



Little guy sleeping CSI style.

1 comment:

  1. A baby stay? Is it called a baby stay because it makes the baby stay? If I come down there and see Myles tied to a pole there's gonna be a rumble in the jungle sir!

    ReplyDelete